SQL Assistant is an incredible tool that can be used for several tasks in SQL Server and other databases like the following:
- Generate sample data
- Generate scripts to insert data
- Generate scripts to create tables, views and other objects.
- Generate stored procedures
- Export data to xls, xlsx), csv, xml, JSON, TBL.
- Generate diagrams
- Create unit tests
- Other features
My favorite feature is the possibility to create sample data. With this feature, it is possible to generate sample data. You can populate tables with sample data by right clicking and selecting the option SQL Assistant>Generate Test Data:
The script DDL option is used to define objects. Generate the objects' code for tables, views and stored procedures:
If we export to Excel, we can see the tables with a format specified by default. It is possible to customize the format according to your preferences:
The unit tests allow to test the right functionality of the database objects. We will press the right button on a table and specify the option SQL Assistant>Unit Tests:
- There are several other features like the Data load where you can load data to test a heavy load, you can compare the objects of 2 databases, compare the data of 2 tables and more.
This software also includes intellisense features that helps a lot to write T-SQL code in an intellegent and efficient way.
I really recommend this software to help on daily tasks.