- 2 SQL Server Instances. I used 2 virtual machines with Windows Server 2012, each one with an instance of SQL Server 2012. I'll call them Server1 and Server2.
- Of course, you'll need to have the machines in the same network.
1. Open SQL Server Management Studio in Server1.
2. Expand Server Objects
5. Select 'SQL Server' as Servet type.
7. Click 'Add'
8. Here you can select a user from Server1 to access Server2. In this case, I'll user the credentials of a user from Server2 called 'testools'. So, leave 'Impersonate' unchecked.
10. Set 'RPC Out' to 'true'. This enables you to run stored procedures remotely.