A Windows 2008 Machine installed.
1. Go to: Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Network Connections.
3. Double click on Internet Protocol Version 4. Set an static IP. You could use this as an example:
7. Click on Add Roles.
9. Select Active Directory Domain Services.
11. Click Install.
12. Wait until the installation is finished.
14. Open the Command Prompt
15. Type dcpromo.exe and press Enter. The Active Directory Services Installation Wizard will be opened.
17. Select Create a New Domain in a New Forest and click Next:
19. In Forest Functional Level you can leave the value by default. That option is useful when you have members in the domain with older versions of Windows Server. Just click Next twice.
20. Leave DNS Server checked and click Next.
22. Press Next.
23. Set the password. It has to be a combination between numbers and letter, like Control123. Press Next.
27. Go to All Programs>Administrative Tools>Server Manager.